The Need for Reliable Alcohol Addiction Treatment in HoustonThe statistics for excessive drinking in Texas show that more Texans struggle with heavy alcohol use than residents of other states. Over the past several years, Texas has consistently ranked above the United States average for binge drinking and heavy drinking. Binge drinking is considered five or more drinks per day for men and four or more for women. Heavy drinking is measured by the number of drinks per week, with 15 or more for men and eight or more for women considered as drinking heavily. With a higher percentage of Texans struggling with alcohol abuse than the rest of the country, one may wonder why. Considering some of the most common factors for alcohol abuse can help explain why it is more common in Texas. Delving deeper into the statistics can help shed some light on why more Texans may turn to alcohol:
- Untreated health conditions – Texas has a high rate of uninsured residents who refrain from seeking medical help due to the high cost. Many chronic health conditions, especially mental health disorders, can lead to self-medication with alcohol if left untreated.
- Chronic stress – There has been a significant increase in the number of Texans reporting frequent mental distress over the last few years. Stress is one of the most common triggers for alcohol abuse.
- Financial worries – Economic hardship has become an issue for more Texans. Money problems are a major contributor to excessive drinking, as many people try to drink their problems away and forget about their worries for a while.
Addiction Therapy Services and Alcohol Rehab in TexasIn order to address the growing problem of heavy alcohol use in Texas, there needs to be affordable, conveniently located detox center programs in Houston and the surrounding areas. The most effective alcohol rehab in Texas would include:
- Medication-assisted treatment – Detoxing from alcohol addiction can be dangerous and even fatal in some cases. Medication is vital for treating the most uncomfortable, life-threatening symptoms of alcohol withdrawal.
- Around-the-clock supervision – Since alcohol detox can be more dangerous than withdrawing from other substances, it is essential that qualified medical staff monitor you 24/7 to keep you safe.
- Addiction therapies – Because alcohol abuse is often related to stress and mental health conditions, addiction therapies are crucial for treating these issues. Without addiction therapy services, these conditions will continue, and you will likely relapse.